Apply NRI PAN Card

Step-by-step    |   Receive globally   |   No attestation   |   No Indian address



Your Status:

NRI with Indian Passport  
PIO card  
OCI card
Foreign Passport without OCI/PIO card   

nri pan card


Monday, June 9, 2008

What is the procedure for a non-resident to get PAN Cards?

We often get queries regarding the procedure for getting a PAN Card made. At the outset, we have to know that applications for PAN Card can be made only in Form 49A as provided by the Income Tax (I-T) Department. But this does not imply that one needs to go to the I-T Department to get the form. These forms can be downloaded from the Internet also. The links for downloading Form 49A are provided below:

While submitting these downloaded forms, you will have to pay Rs.5/- in cash to the I-T office.

You can also get Form 49A from UTIISL or NSDL. All cities and towns, all over India, are now enriched with at least one IT PAN Service Centre. Such centres have been set up and are managed by UTIISL by order of the I-T Department. The I-T Department has also authorised National Securities Depository Ltd. (NSDL) to dispense PAN Services from Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) Facilitation Centres.

No comments:

Post a Comment